We are seeking a Senior Compliance Engineer to join our growing technology company based within the Fareham area. If your focus is ensuring products meet international regulatory standards and EU directives, we would love to hear from you!
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding its portfolio of technology projects. Whether it’s a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace. What’s more is we have an ambitious growth plan to meet our milestone for an IPO Stock market floatation in Q4 2020!
As our Senior Compliance Engineer, you will have at least five years’ experience working with design teams on products within the computer, defence or marine industries or similar, and ideally as a senior function holder. You will work with our engineering teams to ensure products meet customer and market requirements across a range of technologies and industries. You will also be involved in the design and qualification of mechanical and electromechanical products for use in industries ranging from medical and oil and gas through to military and transport.
You will be instrumental in making a real contribution to the business by advising the design teams and customers on product compliance requirements and how best to achieve them. Your expertise will be relied upon to help us navigate our way through international regulations correctly. You will also ensure products comply with customer and legal requirements while meeting specification. Help will be on hand in the form of a Junior Compliance Engineer, who you will be responsible for mentoring and leading, although ultimate responsibility for the compliance, verification and validation of products will be yours.
This role will require you to control and maintain compliance of the company’s products to applicable national and international regulatory standards including EU directives, FCC, UL and defence standards. You will be responsible for creating technical files and declarations to confirm compliance with required standards. In this role, you will also conduct and document product safety assessments as well as product verification testing including electromagnetic interference, shock and vibration, ingress protection and noise assessment, amongst others. The nature of projects will vary greatly and involve electromechanical design, system integration and innovation based around computing solutions.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Five+ years’ experience as a Compliance Engineer working on electromechanical designs and computer-based products.
- Comprehensive understanding of EU directives (CE) as well as UL and FCC including EN 62368.
- Practical application of EU low voltage (2014/35/EU) and EMC directives (EN 55032 / EN 55024) as well as RoHS, REACH, COSHH and WEEE directives.
- Recent experience in the setup and use of test equipment, such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers for the purpose of production verification.
- Experience working on products designed for the defence, marine or medical sectors is a distinct advantage as is a working knowledge of DEF STANs 59-411, 00-35, 08-107, MAP 01-470 and EN 60601.
- Ideally an engineering bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage and easily build rapport with people.
- Strong team member preferably with team lead or design lead experience.
- Organised with excellent time management.
- Passionate and energetic with a positive outlook.
- Process driven with logical, planned and structured methodology.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent scope for training and development and career progression, At Captec, we have a relaxed, friendly working environment plus a benefits package that includes:
- Flexitime: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Core hours – 10am-4pm.
- Accrue time for up to six extra holiday days per year!
- Pension scheme – employer contributions increase with service.
- Bonus scheme.
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
- Free onsite parking and electric car charging points.
- Plenty of kitchen facilities with free tea and coffee.
- Social area with dartboard, pool table.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.