Mechanical Design Engineer required to join a growing technology company based within the Fareham area. If you have a passion for designing using 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks) – we would love to hear from you!
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding our portfolio of technology projects. Whether it’s a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work within our Technical Services team ensuring products meet customer and market requirements across a range of technologies and industries and be involved in the design of mechanical and electromechanical products for use in medical, oil & gas, military and industrial applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer looking to develop their career and skillset. Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will have a real contribution to the design team to identify design and develop products that meet specifications, look professionally engineered and that you can be justifiably proud of. This will include deciding on best processes, materials and structural integrity from the concept stage onwards. The nature of projects will vary greatly and involve electromechanical design, system integration and innovation based around computing solutions.
You will be a qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with at least 3 years’ experience in designing and developing small to medium sized products within the computer, defence, telecoms or marine industries or similar. Experience working within an SME is essential as will your natural ability in using computer aided design packages.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Experience in mechanical designs made from sheet metal fabrication and injection mouldings.
- Experience designing using 3D CAD software.
- Experience of new product design, materials selection, modern manufacturing processes for small to medium size run rates.
- Experience of producing meaningful and correct manufacturing drawings and assemblies.
- Understanding of revision and change control.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage and easily build rapport with people
- Strong team member.
- Organised and with excellent time management.
- Passionate, energetic and with a positive outlook.
- Process driven with a logical, planned and structured methodology.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.