We are seeking an ambitious Electrical Engineer to join our Technical Services Team at our progressive site in Fareham. You will need to be good at working within a team as well as having a keen eye for detail whilst ensuring work is generated to the highest quality.
So, why Captec? We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding our portfolio of technology projects, so there is never a dull day! Whether it’s a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
For this permanent position, you will ideally be a qualified and experienced Electrical Design Engineer or Electrical Engineer with experience in designing and developing small to medium sized products. This role will span across various sectors including, marine, defence, energy, healthcare and transport so a versatile talented mind is required.
As our Electrical Design Engineer, you will work with and alongside our friendly and supportive engineering team using your expert skills to design industrial, mobile and rugged computers and 19” racks and associated fittings. Reporting to the Engineering Project Lead, you will also be responsible for developing electrical design solutions for specific project requirements, as well as preparing and presenting designs reviews, prototype build and supporting design verification testing.
In addition, you will collaborate and support NPI engineers with knowledge transfer relating to electrical designs for the purposes of design transfer to production.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be expected to actively engage with suppliers to ensure transfer of knowledge and best practice in the implementation and use of their products or components.
You will have a real contribution in the design and development of products that you can be justifiably proud of.
Required Experience & Skillset:
Qualifications & Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering / computer systems or IT.
- Min of 5+ Years in engineering department working on the design of electrical aspects of multiple projects of moderate and major size.
- Experience of designing AC and DC systems to a recognised safety standard.
- The application of best practice for the design and of electrical hardware solutions from concept through to pre-production, testing and production.
- Experience of design for manufacture and test along with ability to prototype, conduct experiments, analyse and interpret test data.
- Ability to generate and review design information including schematics, drawings and technical documentation.
- Experience in component selection, source planning and coordinating generation of bills of material and schedules.
- Ability to translate customers requirement from a statement of work into designs that satisfy the requirements specification.
- Able to analyse system requirements and determine the most appropriate solution, supported by analysis, simulation and experience.
- Experience of working to and auditing against electrical and safety standards.
- Ability to plan and coordinate detailed aspects of electrical engineering work.
- Ability to collaborate with mechanical designers to ensure integrity of design application.
- Ability to prepare and review complete project documentation for conformity and quality.
- Ability to present specific aspects of engineering assignments at project meetings and reviews.
- Security clearance will be required. (UK National)
- Experience of working with PC interfaces.
- Experience using BS EN Standards such as 62368 and 61010 (Safety) and Military specs (Def-Stan).
- Experience of design for EMC and regulatory requirements (CE/UKCA).
- Experience of working to the ISO 9001 standard or a professional and process driven methodology.
- Experience of working on military projects.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.