An opening has arisen for a Project Engineer in our rack integration team, providing technical services to both support the bidding and winning rack integration business and release of first off projects through to production.
This exciting role will give you the opportunity to work with emerging technology for an industry-leading computer specialist. What’s more, is you will be joining an award-winning hardware specification team in driving our computer hardware and rack integration services to our customers.
The role is ideal for a technical person who also enjoys the interaction with sales and customers as well as getting involved in commercial aspects of winning business.
The successful candidate will have a good baseline technical background. The ideal candidate will have some prior experience in specifying, configuring or supporting technical solutions. They will have a baseline understanding of 19” Rack architectures, including awareness of mechanical structures, cable management, power distribution, environmental management and general IT & Comms payloads.
As a Project Engineer, you will be taking responsibility for the preparation and day to day management of project plans through the project development process. You will be liaising with customers to determine their technical requirements, identifying the customer needs and pains and finally, you will be supporting business strategy by proactively developing hardware knowledge with regular engagement with our key hardware partners.
The role will also require the candidate to interface to multiple stakeholder teams in the business for the realisation of won rack integration opportunities. These will typically involve the purchasing team, the production team and any other associated services such as validation and verification, documentation, compliance, logistics as well as engineering teams for custom designed elements.
- Technically support sales and BDM personnel with progression of rack integration opportunities with engagement in pre-sale activities.
- Actively involved in rack architecture and realisation.
- Overseeing the creation and management of BOMs required for rack integration realisation.
- Creating specifications in-line with customer requirement and define materials required for quotations, proposals or projects.
- Participate in the development specifications of technical solutions for new business opportunities and products.
- Working with multiple stakeholder teams within the business for the realisation of won rack integration opportunities.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Experience in specifying, configuring or supporting technical solutions.
- Possess a good baseline understanding of 19” Rack architectures, including awareness of mechanical structures, cable management, power distribution, environmental management and general IT & Comms payloads.
- Competent communicator who can deliver a persuasive technical proposition to customers.
- Competent communicator with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Experience in authoring technical specifications.
- Industry experience in one or more of: Computing, Medical, Transport, Automation, Energy, Communications or Defence & Security.
- Experience with computer and or server hardware.
- Commercial awareness and experience of working to tight time frames and budgets.
- Experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders to tight timeframes and budgets.
- Experience supporting and preparing written quotations or proposals.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.