We are currently hiring an entry-level Junior Buyer to join our busy purchasing team in the Fareham area.
For this exciting opportunity, you will be highly organised with great interpersonal skills, coupled with a strong desire to provide a-class support to our internal teams and suppliers. This Junior Buyer opportunity is ideal for someone looking to develop a career in purchasing for a growing and dynamic company. We envision the successful candidate will have experience in an administrator type role working for a manufacturing company or experience as a factory floor operator or technician in a mechanical, electrical or electronic manufacturing environment or an IT Technician looking for a change in career.
As our Junior Buyer, you will be learning and be trained by our skilled buyers. While learning, you will be putting your new skills to practice within our supportive purchasing team. For the role, you will be trained in all areas of the purchasing administration and buying process. Day to day, you will be involved in administration, reporting, purchase order raising and progressing as well as obtaining price and lead times.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to study CIPS qualifications through the organisation as their responsibilities grow.
We are a busy manufacturing company specialising in solution led computing platforms, from tablets to industrial computers to rack systems. We operate in a wide range of industries such as medical, transport and defence and are based in Segensworth, Fareham. We offer flexi-time working, 33 days holiday (includes bank holidays) as well as a hybrid working environment and much more!
- Raising Purchase orders and chasing order confirmations.
- Expediting delivery dates from suppliers.
- Achieve cost savings using the benchmarking methodology.
- Managing purchase requests and low-value ordering.
- Work with Purchasing Manager on supplier selection and assessment.
- Ensure supplier quality is at an acceptable level.
- Ensure compliance with quality and finance procedures when raising Purchase orders.
- Work with Purchasing Manager on all utility’s contracts for Captec.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Previous experience in an administration type role in a manufacturing company or experienced factory floor operator or technician in a mechanical, electrical or electronic manufacturing environment or an IT Technician looking for a change in career.
- Must have the desire to succeed in a career in Purchasing.
- Interest in working in a Technology company.
- C/4 or above in Maths and English GCSE.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Knowledgeable and competent user of Microsoft Packages (Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Ability to confidently engage with a range of people types.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.