Here at Captec, we are seeking an ambitious Mechanical Engineer to join our Technical Services Team at our progressive site in Fareham. If you are a Mechanical Design Engineer or a Mechanical Engineer with an expertise and passion developing and designing various electro-mechanical systems using 3D modelling, as well as being experienced in structural analysis of mechanical components – we would love to hear from you!
So, why Captec?… We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding our portfolio of technology projects, so there is never a dull day! Whether it’s a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
For this permanent position, you will ideally be a qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer with experience in designing and developing small to medium sized products. This role will span across various sectors including, marine, defence, energy, healthcare and transport so a versatile talented mind is required.
As our Mechanical Engineer, you will work with and alongside our friendly and supportive engineering team using your expert skills to design industrial, mobile and rugged computers and 19” racks and associated fittings. Reporting to the Engineering Project Lead, you will also be responsible for preparing and presenting designs reviews, prototype build, design verification testing as well as performing stress and mechanical analysis. You will have a real contribution in the design and development of products that you can be justifiably proud of.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Ideally a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Expert in mechanical design made from predominately sheet metal fabrication within an electrical/ electronic or electro-mechanical environment.
- Display the ability to build and manage complex 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings with 3D CAD – Ideally SolidWorks.
- Structural analysis of mechanical components and assemblies using calculations.
- Thermal analysis of electro-mechanical systems, to include air and fluid flow to provide cooling of electronics using calculations.
- Knowledge or experience with injection moulding designs would be beneficial.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.