Here at Captec, we are seeking an ambitious Engineering Project Lead to join a growing technology company based within the Fareham area. If you have a passion for mechanical engineering, delivering projects with experience as a team lead – we would love to hear from you!
As the Engineering Project Lead, you will work within our Technical Services group taking the lead in complex projects as well as heading up the Engineering Projects team (2x Project Managers, 2x Mechanical Engineers and 1x Electrical/Electronic Engineer).
To be successful, we envision that you will be focused in mechanical design and project delivery with a strong background in complex projects and mechanical engineering. You will use your skills to work with our customers, internal stakeholders and a small team of project managers and engineers to deliver some of Captec’s most challenging platforms on time, at quality and to cost.
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding our portfolio of technology projects. Whether it’s a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Engineering Leader, Senior Project Manager, Senior Mechanical Engineer or Senior Project Engineer looking to develop their career and skillset and wanting to expand on their leadership and management capabilities. Reporting to the Chief Project Officer, you will have a real contribution to the company, leading design and develop of platforms that meet specifications, look professionally engineered and that you can be justifiably proud of. You will be liaising with customers, suppliers and third parties to effectively delivery to project milestones.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- HND or Degree in Engineering.
- Experienced using hand calculations to proof design work.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects to time, cost and budget ranging from short duration express projects to longer more complex projects.
- Experience of leading and managing a small multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience communicating and liaising with customers, third parties, suppliers and key stakeholders regarding the delivery of a project.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and easily build rapport with people.
- Organised and with excellent time management.
- Passionate, energetic and with a positive outlook.
- Process-driven with a logical planned and structured methodology.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent scope for training and development and career progression, At Captec, we have a relaxed, friendly working environment plus a benefits package that includes:
- Flexitime: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Core hours – 10am-4pm.
- Accrue time for up to 6 extra holiday days per year!
- Pension scheme – employer contributions increase with service
- Bonus scheme
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking and electric car charging points
- Free tea and coffee,
- Plenty of kitchen facilities
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.